"I'm not sure if I'm fascinated... or horrified."

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Other Adams...



I have a friend that tells me I’m “evangelical” about the things I love… books, music, movies, Jesus... you name it. So I started thinking: What better way than my blog to plug the things I’m into to the five people who are already sick of hearing about it?


That said, you should really check out the upcoming Ryan Adams Album, “Cold Roses” that comes… out… well crap. Thanks Brett.

But seriously… If you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing Wilco play live, I highly recommend it. Last weekend I was in Hous…ton… I believe that this is what is referred to as “social inbreeding.”

Anyway, The only thing that I can think of that Brett doesn’t already have a post up about is a series of books called “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.” The hitchhiker’s trilogy consists of five of the funniest books I’ve ever read. They were written by a man named Douglas Adams as a spin-off of his successful radio show of the same name. Rumor has it, Adams didn’t really want to write the trilogy, but was persuaded to do so by a lucrative book contract. The contract gave him a year to write each book. About four weeks from deadline he would start writing, get depressed, and then spend the better part of a fortnight in the tub. Somehow he always managed to get the final draft in under the wire. Nice to know you aren’t the only one who procrastinates huh?

You can find the series in the science fiction section of your local book store… yes science fiction. Your going to have to trust me on this one… and no… I don’t usually read science fiction. In fact, I equate the feeling of going into a bookstore’s sci-fi section to what a dirty old man must feel going into the adult section of a video store – get what your gonna get, don’t make eye contact, and get out of there. It’s worth it, trust me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dug
maeby u cud riht a funy pozst$ alk joijen ljaoi wlkjf os,t lk%la dsmnoi lnn

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Doug said...

This looks more like the work of Steve...

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home